Welcome to the Mark Thompson Law Firm
Mark Thompson has an outstanding background in business and banking laws and regulations. Mark has a unique combination of legal expertise and business, accounting and finance knowledge. Mark has been advising businesses for over 30 years. As a private practitioner, his clients have included many businesses, including small banks, restaurant developers and managers, oil & gas companies, software companies, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. For 13 years, he was counsel to two Fortune 500 companies, The Western Union Company and First Data Corporation. During the Great Recession, he served as counsel to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and worked on the "living will" and FDIC Receivership regulations.
He attended the University of Iowa, where he earned a business degree in finance, magna cum laude. He attended the University of Michigan Law School, where he earned his juris doctor degree, magna cum laude. He is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Utah.
His practice emphasizes business formations, acquisitions, sales and financing. He has experience with various aspects of banking, including regulatory matters, changes in control and commercial lending. He also assists clients with commercial real estate transactions, purchases, sales, leases and development and construction loans. Specific legal and business experience includes:
- Corporation, Partnership and Limited Liability Company Formations
- Shareholder and Operating Agreements
- Business Leases and Business Licensing
- Commercial Contracts, Vendor Agreements and Customer Agreements
- Franchise Agreement Reviews
- Purchase and Sale Agreements for Businesses and Real Estate
- Federal Banking Laws and Utah Banking Laws
- State Money Transfer and Payment Instrument Laws
- Consumer Forms and Receipts
- Consumer Protection and Privacy Laws
- Uniform Commercial Code (Sale of Goods, Negotiable Instruments and Secured Transactions)
- Commercial Lending (Loan Agreements, Promissory Notes, Security Agreements and Guaranties)
Mark is the author of A Beginner's Guidebook to Personal Finance and Money Management. His book is available in the Amazon bookstore at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0933KLQ95. For more information about this guidebook, please review the "Financial Guidebook" page.
Mark would be honored to help your business address its legal issues and needs to achieve its business goals. Please give Mark the opportunity to serve you.